What’s the first thing you do when you need to find a local product or service? Head to Google and type something in, such as “marketing agency lakeland fl.” Then hit go, right?
If you run a small business – heck, if you run ANY business – hopefully you already have a Google My Business page, and you keep it current. If not, please get one ASAP! It is crucial to your SEO efforts, along with communicating with customers and potential customers. Most important – helping people FIND your business.
For those who have an established business, there’s a chance you already have a Google My Business page. If this is the case, you can claim the business and prove you are the owner by mailing a postcard or a host of other proof options.
Here are the key benefits to having a presence on the #1 search engine:
- A simple search can help customers find you.
- You can control what your audience sees by posting photos and current promotions or events.
- List your business hours, website, menu, social media accounts, etc. to make your business more accessible to the public.
- Customers can leave you reviews, which will hopefully establish trust in potential customers and give them the confidence to use your product or service. It is important to respond to all reviews, ESPECIALLY the negative ones, because it shows that you care. Be sure to thank positive reviewers for their support.
- Anyone who finds you on a mobile device can click “call” and connect with your business immediately. This will prevent them from needing to find your number for instance, then copying it, and then pasting it to dial. Or worse – trying to memorize and dial. Trust us, people do it.
- Google will notice your page is active, and therefore will assist you in keeping your business up in the rankings against your competition.
So now that you know WHY it’s important, go our post on HOW to set it up.
Thanks for reading, now go get your Google My Business page!
Read more posts.